Spring is officially here and that means it’s time to check your air filter and make sure that it’s ready to take on spring’s fury. The UWrenchIt team has put together a short step-by-step guide to replacing your air filter. Check it out!
- Purchase your air filter. Figuring out what air filter to get for your car is easy. Simply check your user’s manual. Most air filters are pretty cheap. Between $10-$13 at an auto parts school.
- Open your hood and find the air filter box. It’s the black plastic box sitting on top of or to the side of your engine. The filter box usually has a giant hose sticking out of its side.
- Open the air filter box and take out the dirty air filter. Unclasp the big metal clips that hold the top down and open the box. Remove the dirty filter.
- Check the old air filter and make sure it needs to be replaced. Look inside the folds of your old filter. See a lot of dirt and gunk? Time to replace it.
- Put in the new air filter. Place your filter in the filter box. Make sure it sits snuggly in the box. Close the top of the box and snap the clips.
For more information about our products and services at UWrenchIt, visit our home page or give us a call at (404) 805-0900. Are you a current UWrenchIt customer? Rate and share your experience with us in the review section of our Facebook page today. We always enjoy hearing from you!