Gas is one of those things that no one wants to pay for. It adds up quickly, and despite trying to minimize your routes, it feels as if we’re constantly filling up. So here’s a few tips to help alleviate the financial damage!
- Fill up during the week. If you haven’t noticed by this point, gas is the most expensive on the weekends. This is the time when most people are traveling and have the time to get gas. So do it during the week and save a few bucks!
- Don’t drive on empty. A lot of people wait until the very last second before filling up. But in reality, this is worse for your car. Your car has to work 10 times harder and pulls more than needed to operate the car. Fill up when your car is half empty. This will keep your car running optimally!
- Stick to normal fuel. Only use a premium fuel if you’re driving a sports car or hefty truck. Buying premium gas won’t make your car run any better; it’ll just cost you money!
- Coordinate your daily schedule with driving. Think about everywhere you need to go for the day. Can you double up trips? If you’re out for errands, start with the farthest from your house and work back home.
- Use an app! There’s actually a bunch of apps (Gas Buddy is one of our favorites) that’ll pull up where the cheapest gas is relative to your location.
We hope this helped! And as always, U Wrench It in Norcross, GA is Atlanta’s number one used car parts and junk car yard! We’ll give you the best prices around. You can check out our inventory and information for selling your junk car on our site. Have other questions? Give us a call at (404) 801- 6784 for parts and (404) 805-0900 for junk cars.