The process of selling your junk car for cash can be a bit tricky at times; but it doesn’t have to be this way! Here’s a few things you should take care of to create as smooth of a process as possible.
- Get rid of personal belongings. Over time, your car can start looking like your bedroom; it accumulates everything! Really take the time to look through and grab all items out of your car, getting deep into each crevice. Even if it’s stuff you don’t want, don’t leave it in there as it could cause issues during the transaction.
- Figure out your title. Return your license plates and cancel your insurance! Most junk yards won’t purchase your car without a title, so this is very important as the ownership must be transferred to the junk yard.
- Look to sell. If you and the junk yard have agreed on the price for a car, give it to them in the condition you explained it in. But if the price doesn’t reflect the scrap value, then remove valuable components! Remove a GPS or stereo system if possible. If your battery is new, they have great resale value! Just a few things to keep in mind.
- Remove the license plate. With junk yards, they often come get the car in a hurry. So it’s important that your license plate is removed! In most states, it’s required to return the plate to the DMV before registration can be cancelled. And sometimes you can’t cancel your insurance policy until this is done!
- Burn that gas! If your car is still running, use all the gas before giving it away! Depending on your tank, gasoline can be very valuable in correlation with the price you’re getting from the junk yard.
Looking to sell your junk car? Give us a call! You can also see our inventory of cars and parts on our website. Other questions? Feel free to give us a call at (404) 805-0900! We’re located in Norcross, Georgia.