Road trips can be an amazing experience for multiple reasons. It’s often inspirational, fulfilling and a great bonding experience with your favorite people. But things can go downhill quickly if you’re not properly prepared! This is why the following list is essential:
- Bring emergency essentials. This can include a first aid kit, water, snacks, comfortable clothing, blankets and car insurance information. Click here for other items to store in your trunk!
- Do safety checks. If you have car seats, make sure they’re installed correctly. Also check windows, locks, tire pressure, fluid levels, indicators, headlights, etc. And of course, have a full tank of gas!
- Sleep! Make sure whoever is driving has had plenty of sleep. Falling asleep at the wheel happens more often that you’d think!
- Store items in the right areas. If you have heavy items, store them in low areas so if a wreck happens, they won’t fly and cause an injury. Nothing should be rolling around!
- Make sure your car can handle it. If you have any doubts your car might not make the trip, then don’t risk it. Take it to a mechanic before hand and ask for a maintenance check up.