While it can be a lot of fun to just browse a salvage yard, if you want to get the most of your visit then you should do a little planning. Here are some tips to get the most out of your salvage yard visit:
- Bring the Right Tools – There’s nothing worse than finding the perfect part only to realize you don’t have the right size tool to remove one last bolt. Study up on the parts you need and what tools might be required to remove them. When in doubt, bring more tools than you think you might need. You can always leave the majority of your tools in your car.
- Research Your Compatible Options – It’s obvious that you need your vehicle’s make and model, but you should also research all your compatible options. Many vehicles share components across makes and models, so don’t limit your search before it even begins.
- Check out Our Parts Catalog – Before you even visit our Norcross auto parts shop, you can search our parts catalog online and check our prices to help you plan your search.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions – When in doubt, ask our staff! We’re more than happy to be of assistance.
- Plan for Future Projects – While you’re elbow deep in car parts, you might as well plan ahead for future projects or stock up on spare parts. Likewise, sometimes it’s easier to take a larger part rather than going through the hassle of taking it apart for one of its smaller components.
To stay up to date on all the latest salvage news U-Wrench-It, sign up for our Mobile VIP Club.