So, you’re going to sell your car. Your head starts spinning; how do I clean it? What should I replace? And most of all…how can I get the most value out of my car? You can increase your value by up to $2,000 with just a few simple repairs! Here’s how to best maximize the value of your car before you sell.
Least difficult options:
We suggest a variety of touch ups including purchasing new windshield wipers, topping off all fluids, cleaning the engine, checking the tires and shining the wheels, washing and waxing the car and restoring headlights. You could also check the dashboard lights, do a thorough clean through of the interior and check the breaks.
Most difficult options:
This are things to leave up to a professional, such as big mechanical jobs, repairing major scratches and dents or repairing a cracked windshield for example.
Before listing your car for sale, follow these few tips:
- Look up the trade in value in the Kelley Blue Book. This helps determine the value of your car and also gives you an idea of what to sell it for.
- Is there a factory or extended warranty that’s still valid? If so, can it be transferred to the new owner? If yes, you have the grounds for a higher asking price.
- Higher mileage vehicles are worth less, but mileage determines your overall value.
- The price of a used vehicle decreases drastically for every 10,000 miles on the odometer.
- Have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic before you list it.
- Highlight the positives when you’re selling. Note if you’ve never been in an accident, if it’s a one-owner vehicle, if you’re a nonsmoker or things they may not be aware of with your particular vehicle.
- Follow the process for properly documenting the sale of your car for potential buyers.
And there you have it! Your car will be reading to sell in no time, and you’ll get the most out of it with these simple tips! Did you know we can sell your junk car or buy a used car at UWrenchIt? Learn more about the process on our website! You can also buy used car parts, so you can spruce up your car before you decide to sell. We’ll see you soon!