Buying your first car can be very overwhelming. There’s so much to consider! Here’s a few basic tips before purchasing your first car.
- Take it slow! Weigh the pros and cons and look into a variety of different cars. Keep your options open!
- Don’t buy on your first visit. Be smart! Dealerships are keen on their customers buying on their first visit. Make it known that you’re seriously considering but stay strong if you don’t feel it’s right! Offers tend to lower at the end of the month as sellers are trying to meet their quotas. Note that it’s also less busy on weekdays, so sales people are more likely to give you a greater deal!
- Read reviews. While not everything is true online, reviews are important to look at before purchasing. There’s plenty of credible and reliable sites to look at that will give you user ratings and reviews.
- Be careful. Especially if you’re considering buying a used car off of Craigslist or another site of that nature, be careful. There’s a ton of scams out there so used your best judgment! Check out the car in person, in public and with someone you trust.
- Do a test drive and inspection. Be sure the car runs smoothly! Test drive it to make sure it feels right. While you might like the physical appearance of the car, it might not drive the way you like. Also make sure everything is functioning properly including radio, AC, windows, etc.
- Think about your daily routine and what’s important to you. What do you need most; is it fuel efficient? Is it electric? Also consider your daily routine. If you travel a lot you might need a car with a bigger trunk. If you’re single and not traveling, you might need a smaller car. It’s up to your wants and needs!
- Consider the finances. Figure out what you can afford each month. Take into account insurance, maintenance, gas mileage, repair costs, etc. You can always take out a loan, but decide what’s best for you. For more on car finances, click here!
We hope this information has helped you in your first car buying decision! Looking to sell your junk car or buy parts for your current car? U Wrench It in Norcross, GA is the place to be! We’ll give you the best price for your car. Give us a call at (404) 805-0900 to sell your junk car or (770) 448-6485 for parts!