Washing your car seems quite simple; but little do you know, there’s a few tips and tricks you should be aware of. Take these words of advice next time you go to wash your car!
- Wash off dead bugs, bird poop and tree sap as quick as possible.
- Wash often if you live somewhere where acid rain is common.
- Use a car wash product that is mild and specific towards automotive paint.
- Use a natural and soft sponge of lambs wool mitt.
- Use a separate sponge to clean wheels and tires.
- Use a cleaner that is safe for use on all types of wheels.
- Rinse surfaces thoroughly with water before washing to remove loose dirt and debris that could cause scratching.
- Use a chamois (can be natural or synthetic) or soft terry towels.
- Wait for layers of debris to build up before washing.
- Use household cleaning products like hand wash, glass cleaner or dish-washing detergent.
- Wash your car right after the engine has been hot or it’s been sitting in the sun for awhile.
- Move the sponge in circles. Move in lengthwise.
- Let the car air dry.
Your car will look squeaky clean in no time! Don’t forget to check out U Wrench It in Norcross, GA to take a look at our inventory for car parts, or learn more about selling your junk car. Questions? Give us a call at (770) 448-6485 or check out our site for a full inventory list of parts and cars.