In Georgia, there’s a good chance it won’t snow. However the past couple of years, we’ve received quite a bit! You can never be too safe on the road during winter conditions; especially when us southern folk don’t know how to drive in it! Here’s a complete guide to driving during this winter season.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have to. We get it, there’s places to be, people to see. But if you can avoid driving in snow, do it! It’s dangerous and puts you and other drivers at risk of accidents.
- Keep your gas tank full! Your fuel line is more likely to freeze if you don’t, and you never know when you could get stuck.
- Use windshield wiper for lower temperatures. We recommend Rain-X as a good product. The last thing you want is your windshield freezing up while you’re driving!
- Keep some food/water stored. In case of emergencies, it’s always good to have some food and water stored. Pack something that won’t go bad, like cliff bars!
- If you get stuck, stay in the car. If possible when you get stuck, stay put in your car. If you have to leave it, make sure you leave a note and medical info. Also include what time you might have left the car and where you are going.
- Run the engine! If you’re stuck, snow can plug your vehicle’s exhaust system; which can cause carbon monoxide to enter your car. Keep the engine running for about 15-20 minutes to clear out the pipe.
- Pack warm clothes! In addition to the food and water, keep a few jackets, pants, hats and gloves in the car.
- Bring other miscellaneous items. Consider also keeping a shovel, windshield scraper, jumper cables, LED light, blankets, and a lighter as well.
Having a faulty car can lead to a bad winter accident; which is why you might want to sell it this holiday season! U Wrench It can sell your junk car for the best price in the Greater Atlanta Area. For more information visit our site, or give us a call at (404) 805-0900.